Monday 17 October 2016

Monday 17th October 2016 - what a great day of meetings!!!

Posted 7:40pm
It's been a day of meetings - and all went really well - what can I say!!!!

First, I met with the practice manager, and her assistant, from Highbury Grange Health Centre. Could not have gone much better.  Discussed several matters:
  • going to start the Clissold Park walk - joint venture with them. I have to produce a flyer.
  • we are looking into contacting council about getting an outdoor gym in Highbury Fields
  • they are going to assist me in contacting a qualified nutritionist/dietician re presentation of nutrition on project
  • also going to put me in touch with motivational speakers - looking at guests
  • also re-contacting the commissioning group
  • there is a health show at olympia i will look to attend
All very positive though.

Second, I met with Disability Action Islington.  The project is available to all, and I wanted to ensure I could adapt it for people with physical disabilities in a way that would benefit them just as much. The conversation went very well indeed, and they expressed great interest in starting a program with us at the start of next year.  Naturally there is a lot of paperwork and such like to cover, but they will come along to the SHP day event in December, but they are already talking about how we present the project.  Very positive.

Finally, I met with Voluntary Action Islington - which was incredibly helpful - more for networking and fundraising advice and the contacts they have.  The lady I met with was fantastic, and understood the benefits this could bring.  There is a huge amount of work to do from this meeting, but going forward it could prove to be of massive importance.

No gym today - although I did lose another 0.5kgs last week - down to 85.4kgs - which means I have list just under half a stone in three weeks.  Things are going well there.  It;s not just about weight loss though.  I feel energised (apart from early mornings - I want to improve that) and am not allowing any issues to cloud my vision.

No comments:

Post a Comment