Sunday 30 October 2016

Sunday 30th October 2016 - first real test of emotions

Posted 8:00pm
Well, as people have read from the blog, huge progress has happened over the last couple of months, and this is through serious negotiations and meetings, a lot of work - and that not just from myself, but also should be recognised by Kacper on website, Adam on fitness side, and Scott making sure I getting everything done in the right order and on time.

However, our first big test to overcome as emerged.  Cripplegate - we applied for £4500 which included Insurance, Printing, Travel - have turned us down - I honestly thought we would get at least some of the claim.
"Although the panel was sympathetic to the needs of the project, given the demand on available funds, they felt unable to prioritise your application for funding."
Even if we wanted to continue we cant, as we have to have insurance in place, whatever happens.  It is just a puzzle to overcome, and we will, but it is a dent in the confidence.

I know we have a good concept because everyone we speak to agrees.  I know we have a project people are interested in using - we have had enough meetings to know that is true - and hence the december meeting.  Why is it so hard to speak to anyone about money?  I will admit it has upset me, especially as I have done so much recently.

No comments:

Post a Comment