Wednesday 19 October 2016

Wednesday 19th October 2016 - prioritise and time management - plus personal fitness

Image result for time management

Posted 11:40am
An earlier post today.  I am looking after my elderly friend this afternoon - and will be working on project there, but time to stop and make my blog entry before.

Yesterday I had a meeting with Business In The Community and now, alongside Disability Action Islington and Change Grow Live, they also express terrific interest in a programme, but with all I have to dot the "i"s and cross the "t"s and provide clearer paperwork.  I did explain to all that we are developing that at the moment for SHP, and also invited all to attend my "day presentation" at the start of December.
I have also asked Islington Commissioning Group, a member of the Islington Public Health Team, Circle Housing, and two members of the media - the printed press and the Islington Council online service.  So that is a deadline I cannot ignore.

I need to prioritise and get everything down in a clear and structured way.  That is proving to be stressful, but also therapeutic in a strange way.  It is great seeing it get clearer and clearer, and even now continues to develop as issues come up.

The meeting with Voluntary Action Islington was particularly interesting from an organisation point of view.  We went over subjects such as Company structure, as well as funding, evidence and outcomes, and I got some useful contacts and internet addresses.  I just wish I could delegate some of this to others, as research is required.  Hey ho.

For the walks I thought it would be good to see if I could get a First Aid qualification - I have done the courses before, but they have time limits.  I contacted the Red Cross to see if they do any charitable places on day courses, explaining my financial situation.  They are looking into it for me.

Personally - I feel very energised.  Yesterday, I went to the Copperbox Gym in the Queen Elizabeth Park, where the 2012 London Olympic stadium is based, with Kacper - the guy doing my website. He is also coming next Monday when we go to film some of our fitness videos with my fantastic expert Adam.  That should be fun.  I am pressing on - although still struggling a bit with tiredness.  It's not just about losing the weight - which is great and things going steadily there - but also eating better, overcoming my reliance on food when issues abound.  Again, I am controlling things well - maybe helps that my financial position does not allow me to spend a lot - but again a blessing in disguise. It's looking at the positives!!

No comments:

Post a Comment