Tuesday 20 September 2016

Tuesday 20th September 2016 - wow! what a day!!

Image result for business funding

Posted 8:30pm
Been a full and progressive day - no guarantees, but more clarity.

First - the funding meeting with Cripplegate.
I had no sleep last night, and in fact was up, showered, fed, suited up, and on my way before 6:30am. The meeting wasn't till 9:30 - in Angel - but was meeting Scott and Adam before - I was so grateful that they came along - not just for their input and support (which was terrific) but because it meant they believe in the project, the concept, and in me.
The meeting itself went pretty well.  Lots of relevant questions from them. I think I answered them all with clarity and knowledge, and came over very well.
The lady we ,met will now create a report and that goes towards a committee in October, and our fate is in their hands.
It is not the be all and end all.  In fact I will launch anyway on the 1st November, definitely with SHP, and Izzwalkz.  If I can others as well then I will.  But the possible finance would make things easier - paying for travel, printing and insurance for example.  Anything extra is a bonus.

Both Adam and Scott spoke up for the project, and for me..  I think their input really showed the professionalism of the concept and the potential benefits - which she appeared to grasp.  I need to get her a copy of the "client journey" - but after that I need to just not worry about it and leave it in their hands.

Moving forward, there is still a huge amount to do.  I need to get the paperwork ready that we will be supplying to the clients - forms, booklets etc.  That is vital - and by this time next week I will have that just about ready.  I also need to keep on with the website and the bespoke videos we will be producing, with out quite unique look on it all.  Adam is central to that, and it looks like we can't do those till November - we need to dedicate a day for it really to get them all done.  That is fine - but in the meantime I will produce some temporary ones to go on Youtube - we can then replace them with the ones with Adam in a couple of months.

There was also news from Adam on something I want to keep to myself at the moment - as I need to see how things pan out first before I put the information on here, but it has the potential to be very good for the project.  Thanks Adam for that - you know what I talking about. :-)

I also had my meeting with the Job Centre, re my benefits at the moment - and whilst doing this initial pilot I will be remaining on benefit.  They were fantastic about it, as they see what significant benefits this project can bring, and if a success will be my job and career for the rest of my working life, so it is in their interests to help me - how many times do you read about the Job Centre being understanding and helpful???

All in all it has been a good day - but that was down to great preparation, fantastic support, good friends, and a positive mindset.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment