Wednesday 28 September 2016

Wednesday 28th September 2016 - college courses, plus chance of small grant

Posted 8:10pm
After the furore of SHP - I think I floated down the road towards St Pancras afterwards - I headed off to the Recovery College.
I had to enrol - which was fun - and I was able to sign up for three half day courses:  All three are in November - and ironically all three at the same venue in Islington (the courses are not held at the College venue).

  1. Understanding Anxiety - I should be okay with this one after a few experiences in my life
  2. Getting a Good Night's Sleep - oh please, let this be my saviour!!
  3. Introduction to Mindfulness - it just looked an interesting subject
Another reason I was on a high, was that Amanda, at SHP, had told me she could get me up to a £200 grant for equipment I would need for the project.
So, I have emailed her some details this evening:  I have requested:
  1. Digital Video Camera - for Youtube and feedback, we intend to record a lot of stories, and there are the fitness info we want to produce, and we have found a very decent one for £90
  2. A better printer/copier/in colour too - certainly at first we are going to have to produce marketing flyers and literature ourselves, so a decent printer - plus inks - is vital:  £66
  3. I want to have a separate logo for Ajani, and for Izzwalkz: and using an online tool you can get it in all the necessary formats for around £22.50 each - so that is £45.
  4. Grand Total - £201.
No harm in asking!!!

Also had contact back from BITC, meeting them around the middle of October.  It's all go!!  Seeing Scott tomorrow - and the next week is really about producing walk flyer, Ajani flyer, and papers for clients.  Also reviewing website, Facebook, add a couple of videos to Youtube, learn about Instagram and general papetwork - adding to CRM too - not up to date yet

No comments:

Post a Comment