Wednesday 14 September 2016

Wednesday 14th September 2016 - lots of organising - plus Housing Assocs

Posted 4:35pm
Exciting news on the proposal front.  I have spoken again with Circle Housing Association - I met them originally in the second week of August.  They are still very interested, and the employment team will be coming back to me with a meeting date.

Even more wonderful - Family Mosaic (who I have to say have been incredibly difficult with which to communicate - finally contacted me.  This probably was down to the fact I looked up their Head of Customer Service online and telephoned her direct (this after their main switchboard told me that they could not put tenants through to her).  She was wonderful, and I now have a meeting arranged for the 27th September, where I will meet up with two of the main organizers of the Employment Team. :-)



Posted 2:35pm
It's been busy bee time lately - lots of fiddly little organising to be done.  I have been to network events in the past where people have terrific ideas, but no paperwork, and no real idea of the size of work that needs to be done in preparation before any actual project work can go ahead.

I have been lucky in my time to have office managed, finance managed, personnel managed, and project managed in different situations, all of which seem to have come together quite nicely for me at this time.

It's even the smallest, almost insignificant, things, you need to have correct.  Today, I have arranged a meeting for next Wednesday with the Business Manager for Santander.  I opened the bank account several years ago when I originally set up the company, as any finding applications normally ask about those details.  It has sat there, with £10 sitting in it, dormant, for some time.  But now, I need to have a debit card, online access, mobile access, and online statements, all of which I need to be proficient in before any funding money goes in.

I also popped into EE to discuss the business mobile that I have - I currently only pay £30 per month (incl. vat).  But they said for an additional £20 per month (and we are asking this in the funding application) I can get a Samsung Tablet too - and this could be invaluable as we meet clients and discuss matters.  Much easier looking up on a larger tablet than on a mobile phone - it also looks more professional moving forward - naturally this is all down to funders - and they may of course turn us down completely!!!

I also have a meeting organised for the 10th October with the Clissold Park Manager in regards to the walk i want to organize there, plus other outdoors activities.

I have also started preparing for the forms and booklets I will be giving out to clients - firstly in preparation of doing the project, and also on feedback and outcomes for reporting purposes.  It's definitely busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment