Tuesday 27 September 2016

Tuesday 27th September 2016 - Family Mosaic, Facebook, Recovery College

Image result for recovery college camden

Posted 3:30pm
Cracking meeting this morning at the Family Mosaic Housing Association offices near to Tower Bridge.  I met with the two Employment Team managers, and discussions were open and honest.  I had originally approached them on three separate occasions a few years ago, but they told me funding was not available at the time - and then did it anyway - on a watered down version.
They were receptive to me, and encouraging, and it looks as if I will be doing some work with tenants.  I did stress, however, that I would want to talk about contracts if, and when, we are a success in a small initial pilot.  I came away very happy.

Getting them on board is terrific, as I can use that talking with the other Housing Associations that I have approached,

I have also started a Facebook page for HMHB - I will be working on that this week, and then making it available to all.  I want to add some content first - videos, explanations etc.  But again this is quite exciting.

There is the Recovery College, which is run by the Camden and Islington NHS Foundation Trust. They do quite a few day/half day courses that are Free!!!  They are on a multitude of subjects, which are under headings such as:
  • Introduction to Recovery Principles
  • Understanding experiences of Health Conditions, Treatments and Systems
  • Physical Health and Well Being
  • Building Self-Confidence
  • Returning to Work and Study
I am going to go along tomorrow, I will enrol, and sign up for a few of the courses in November and December.  More details when that happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment