Tuesday 27 September 2016

Tuesday 27th September 2016 - lots of follow up action

Posted 8:30pm
Been so much follow up action I really needed another entry in the blog.

First of all I have had contact from Disability Action Islington - and will be speaking with a representative on Thursday to organise a meeting.  I really want to be able to make the project open to all, and so having a constructive dialogue is important.

I have had contact with an Islington Council run initiative called One You - it offers advice through apps - and we are meeting them in the first week of October to discuss their output and how we can channel relevant people to them and what they would get out of it.

I will be meeting the practice manager for Highbury Grange Health Centre again - discussing getting some of their patients more active with a joint walk - plus issues surrounding promoting an outside gym area in Highbury Fields.  I also suggested to them that they create a blog and a twitter account - which I can help them with.

I have followed up again with Business In The Community - who run a Ready For Work programme - which I went through myself - and I know the Ajani project would compliment it really well.  Just proving a bit elusive.  I have also chased Islington and Shoreditch Housing Association.

Tomorrow is my big meeting with SHP - and afterwards I will enrol in the Recovery College and sign up for some courses - which I will detail tomorrow.

All in all things are coming together nicely.  I need to work on the Izzwalkz paperwork and promotional material - plus the fitness/nutrition booklet we will be giving out to clients.  

No comments:

Post a Comment