Friday 5 August 2016

Friday 5th August 2016 - who am I? and Why am I doing this?

Posted 7:35pm
A good day on the project..  I have pinpointed a further two agencies we can approach.  Therefore nextt Monday I will be collecting six more proposals to deliver - that alongside the five already delivered.

I also met with a reporter from the Islington Tribune; Joe.  He confirmed that they will definitely be following the project and will do some features on it for us - including reports and photos, pushing for further funding.  Delighted!!!!

So who am I?  And why do I feel that I should the one to provide this service?

I am Lawrence.  Currently 49 - not for much longer as my big 50th is in less than two weeks.
I have mostly worked with accounts in my career - a QBE accountant (qualified by experience). Generally that means that I know what I am doing, although I don't have the formal qualification.
My specialty has been going in to companies who are shaking a bit, and putting them right.
I managed an International Charity around 16 years ago - so my management skills are very good. A great deal of organising, and reporting to a Council.  Taught me a lot about work, and myself.
I was once the finance and office manager for the Trade Association of the year in 2007.
I oversaw the accounts in New York, Amsterdam and London for a retail group, advising on tax and general income and expenditure.

So I feel my various experiences have now culminated to running my own business, dealing with staff and a committee.  I am learning all the time - and admit it is daunting and scary - but is that not all part of the fun?

I am doing this because it is the sort of help that I wanted, needed, and looked for when I was made redundant a few years ago.  I am not ashamed to say I had a couple of periods of depression over the last fifteen years, and have gone through periods on unemployment.
More than anyone, I can say that concentrating on improving yourself, your health and fitness, maintaining a good routine, and being proactive, can make you happier, healthier, fitter, and more energised.  All of which are very important when unemployed.
I am passionate about this.  And I will make this a success.  I need help from others, obviously, and have been lucky to find a good team around me.

Over this weekend I will lay out how we intend to work with the clients.  This is going to be a fantastic ride.  Follow us on it, please!!!  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment