Thursday 25 August 2016

Thursday 25th August 2016 - good meeting with Health Centre

Posted 1:30pm
Image result for nhs health check

As I am waiting for a meeting with Scott, I am reporting on my earlier meeting at my local Health Centre, with their Practice Manager, Faheta.
It went very well.  Fortunately, they are in the position of fully understanding how the project can significantly benefit people's lives.  Confidence, self-belief, and good well-being is fundamental in keeping people strong and happy.  The medical profession can see how early intervention can negate both physical and mental conditions.

Faheta was very encouraging.  My passion for the project was clear, and I think that helped.  I mentioned that I would like clients to get a NHS Health Check, which they can free of charge at their doctors.  She also advised me that it can normally be done very quickly - so no need for a long appointment.  That would bring up issues on weight, cholesterol, behaviour. It is a good indicator if any help from that side is required.  Maybe even a wake up call for people.

But also, we discussed how we can involve other agencies - such as smoking, alcohol, substance abuse, and raise awareness of problems that occur when unemployed, or going through stressful issues.  The program, although aimed at the unemployed, would assist people in work, as well as NEETs and Probation, and of course people with health issues.

I am going to go along to a Patients Group, and she had a couple of great contacts for me to follow up.  All in all, this could be the start of a great HMHB relationship with the local community.


No comments:

Post a Comment