Thursday 4 August 2016

Thursday 4th August 2016 - Current Developments

Posted 9:50pm

Where are we at the moment?  What is happening?  Why the excitement.

The project has been a few years in development.  The last twenty-two months have involved honing the concept and paperwork.  Terrific help from many avenues.  But several people were urging me to start working with clients to gather evidence.

I have to say I was reluctant at first.  I had researched the problems involved with unemployment - in particular the links it has with smoking, alcohol, substance misuse, nutrition, mental health, routine, as well as the way it affected people's financial status and social life.
But of course people were right.

So, as already stated before, we have so far approached four organisations, with a further five being approached next week.  I have also today found another two I am in discussion with.  I am aiming to work with 100 clients over the next six months.  Unpaid!!!

Money - funding - is incredibly hard to find.  A lot of people like what I have, and think the concept is terrific, but as soon as you mention the word "funding" people disappear quicker than a plate of doughnuts in front me!!! (not that I would of course, as trying to lose a little weight).

However, we have found a charity in Islington and, following a telephone conversation, have been encouraged to approach them for a small grant - this could cover six month's travel, insurance, printing, mobile, and a small salary amount (say £100 a week - which I can earn and still get benefits - which is not a lot of money, but at least I could live).

So that is where we are at the moment.  I have to develop a website (am having conversations).  I also have to get the fitness side sorted out - a booklet, plus advice sheet, plus videos - and my main man Adam and I will need to get that done.  But it is exciting.

I also have to work out the nutrition booklet, and forms.

No comments:

Post a Comment