Tuesday 9 August 2016

Tuesday 9th August 2016 - The story so far (both project and myself)

Posted 9:30pm
Started work on website today - a lot harder than it first appeared.  Good friend Kacper, came round. We started using one of those free internet sites to build.  They lie about it taking only fifteen minutes to get up and running.  It's quite convoluted, and I think I frustrated my friend a bit.  He went off with some ideas.  I really am appreciative of his help.

I will also be distributing the remaining proposals tomorrow, and fingers crossed I will get some meetings.  I dropped off paperwork to the local medical health centre as well.

It has taken a long time to get to where I am.  Over the last six years I have attended hundreds of meetings, and spent thousands of hours on this - and probably used up around £5000 of my own money too (which I could do with badly at the moment. lol).  It has been a struggle at times.  There have been occasions when I have considered stopping - but thankfully I had faith in my concept, and found enough people around me to encourage me on.  I am very grateful to all of them.  And the continuing assistance I get.

The same goes with my own weight/fitness issues. I have had a couple of depressive times - it's the way it goes.  Doing well not of course - but still have off days, and times of reflection.  I want to lose 12 kgs.  I am not going to say my current weight.  It matters not.  Psychologically, I ran the New York Marathon in 2000 (4hrs 43mins) and was very happy at the time - and I just feel I would like to be that weight again.  I did manage to do that last year, and then circumstances came about that affected me, and I yoyoed back up.  But my own focus now is to lose 12kgs.  And that is what I will be reporting on through here, using myself as a medium to show my program working!!! (So I must do well - I cant ask people to do something I cannot).

But there is going to be a long journey ahead for this blog - for my project - and for me.  I will be incorporating the blog into the website.  That's quite exciting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment