Sunday 21 August 2016

Sunday 21st August 2016 - Powerpoint - plus the Bootcamp mentality

Posted 5:10pm

Image result for powerpoint

Should finish my Power Point presentation today - been working on this to demonstrate the client's journey from referral to the end of the program.  It was a suggestion by Scott, as he felt a visual description might be useful as we approach companies and funders.

I have used Power Point several times in the past, and enjoy designing the slides, and it has felt good to be getting back into that frame of mind again.
Once finished I will put a few slides on this blog to show what I have done.

Bootcamp mentality.

The reason I have put this is twofold.
Firstly.  It is how we really want to put the project across.  Not that they should be going on one, but how to try and make them think:
  1. Maintaining a positive outlook
  2. Pushing yourself every day
  3. A never say die attitude
  4. Realising that your health and fitness is your own responsibility
  5. Your well-being is as important as your physical health
  6. You only have one body, treat it carefully
  7. You are not in competition with people
  8. Have practical and realistic targets
  9. Don't allow outside issues to cloud your vision
  10. Keep a record of success, and reward yourself accordingly
  11. Realise you will have some bad days, but don't allow them to be "what the hell" moments and spoil your journey
  12. Treats are fine
  13. Look forward, not back
  14. Build a good routine
Secondly:  I have said that I am the guinea pig, and whenever I have used the approach above I have done well, and when I have fallen back it is when I have abandoned the ideal.
So, from tomorrow morning I am going to treat myself as if I am on a bootcamp.  This includes exercise, nutrition, etc.  Three meals a day.  No snacks.  Smaller portion.  Healthier food.  More high untensity.  I am going to do this for three weeks.  One day a week will be a rest/treat day.  I know I can succeed.  I have falled back far too many times.  I will weigh myself tonight.  This is because I have a target of a weight I would like to be (again!!!!).
I will be very disciplined.  This is the program I am promoting to others - so if i cant do it how can i expect them to?

No comments:

Post a Comment