Wednesday 3 August 2016

Wednesday 3rd August 2016 - What is HMHB?: What is the Ajani Project?

Posted 8:35pm

Healthy Minds, Healthy Bods is the brainchild of myself.  It was set up following a redundancy in 2009.  However, due to work issues, and health issues, it is only more recently that things have progressed enough to start.

I found, when signing on, that there was no help for anyone unemployed to keep them motivated and encouraged whilst finding work.  Health, Routine and Finance all declined rapidly.  There needed to be a system in place that, if you wanted the help, you could go to for assistance.  In particular, health and routine are very important.

I describe it as giving yourself an MOT.  As you are out of work - actively looking for employment - you do have extra time on your hands to ensure you are doing the best you can.  Maybe it is an opportunity to stop smoking, review your drinking habits, overview your nutrition, and get yourself fitter and healthier.  The short and long term effects would be significant.

Ajani - this is the name for the project, overseen by the HMHB brand.  "Ajani" is an African word - it means "he who improves himself" - and seemed approriate.

I was exceptionally lucky to meet a business mentor.  His name is Scott, and he works for KPMG. Originally, it was meant to be a six month stint, nudging me along to employment.  It has turned into two years of fantastic assistance.  He has kept me focused when times have been hard.  He has motivated me when it appeared the project would not get off the ground.  He has kept me level headed when things were racing along.  I could not have done this without him.

I was also fortunate to meet an amazing Personal Trainer, called Adam.  Astonishingly, when  I think about it, it was almost three years ago I attended a fitness bootcamp in the Cotswolds.  I had put on a lot of weight, due to a health issue, and knew I needed to do something about it.  (I have yoyoed ever since - but am back improving my fitness and health with my own programme at the moment).  Adam was the Head Trainer, and was encouraging from the very start.  I signed up for three weeks - it was expensive at the time - but it inspired me.  Adam is going to be my main man when it comes to the fitness side of the Ajani project.

I would ask people to follow this blog - tell people about it - as it will follow the project as we work with clients, it will follow myself as I fight ttowards good health and fitness.  I will put what I learn from both the business and personal.  I will also be putting articles and features on fitness and health and unemployment.  Things that I think are relevant to improving your life.


No comments:

Post a Comment