Monday 8 August 2016

Monday 8th August 2016 - exciting phone calls - my own personal targets

Posted 10:30pm
Been a good day for developments.
Had a meeting with the Borough Relationship Manager for Islington Job Centre Plus - a terrific guy - and very helpful.  I need to work the project with other companies first - but if I can show that people feel one of the outcomes is that they either got back into work quicker, or have more confidence they can achieve that goal, then the JCP will promote me.

I had several good phone calls.  I have been trying to meet with my own Housing Association's employment team without success for a while (Family Mosaic).  I finally put a complaint in, and lo and behold I get an apologetic call, and they will be calling me in to discuss the project.
I also spoke with the local Medical Practice - my own Doctor - which is just round the corner from me.  The Practice Manager called me - and she was very enthusiastic.  I am dropping round somme paperwork tomorrow, and then we will meet.  She also invited me to be part of their Patient Group - which was very nice.
There is also an Islington company dealing with 18-24 year olds, mainly with a sport background - and I was linked to them via the Council.  Another person I am now dropping paperwork off to.
All in all, a good contact day.

I picked up four more printed proposals from my terrific mentor, Scott.  He is printing them off at his office, which looks morre professional than my small printer, and I thank him so so much.

Tomorrow, Kacper, my website guy, is coming round to see if we can get one set up the way I want it. The website is going to be a focal point, with our own bespoke videos, blog, news feed, and info.  I want it to reflect the relevant needs of our potential clients.

Big smile on my face at the moment.  Must remain positive.  So now I come to my own personal targets.  Anyone who followed my previous blog  (www.lazzafitness.blogspot.com) would understand the ups and downs I have gone through (no need to say here).  I have yoyoed a bit with fitness, weight and health.
My personal MOT is getting myself back into a good frame of mind when I look in the mirror.  I am someone that needs pushing (one of the reasons I know my project would work, as it is what I would have liked to have offered to me).  But I am ambitious and focused - even if I do go off key on occasions!!!
But my own personal target is to get to 76kgs.  I will weigh myself tomorrow, and will use my own program to push me on to success.  I like to think that I am like a lot of people - I have targets, but do striiggle, for whatever reasons.  Everyone is different and has their own stresses.  But the only person who can make positive changes is you yourself.  I need to be that person too.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment